Work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that this position may not be performed remotely from California, New York, or Massachusetts.
The incumbent will be assigned the following states to develop and promote Medallion Bank Home Improvement financing: South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.
The Account Executive is responsible for sales of the Home Improvement (HI) Lending Program within an assigned region, including identifying and soliciting prospects, assisting with contractor deal flow, mitigating risk of loss, and establishing and maintaining contractor relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership of the assigned region and demonstrate accountability for the resulting production and contractor performance.
- Using consultative sales tactics and approved messaging, which includes lead generation and productive travel, develop quality business from the assigned region that leads to significant market penetration, loan volume and revenue.
- Meet or exceed assigned production budgets.
- Act in a manner consistent with the goals of the HI Lending business and the culture of the Bank.
- Reinforce the strengths of the Medallion Bank program, overcoming objections and effectively selling against competitors.
- Interact with contractors to develop loyal and trusting relationships that reflect our status as an important business partner and not simply a vendor.
- Work closely with Business Development Representative(s), HI lending staff and management to mitigate emerging risks and ensure a high-quality contractor and borrower experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven effectiveness selling financial products and services, including a willingness to learn and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Will interact with department management, department staff, plus other outside professionals.
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple duties simultaneously and function in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage others well, treat them with respect, and balance corporate objectives with individual abilities.
- Minimum 2 years Business to Business sales, preferably contractor-related, or home improvement lending experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Private or home office with minimal exposure to distractions or environmental hazards.
- Long hours and travel may be required.
- Remaining in a stationary period, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.