Responsible for people leadership of the software engineering team, which includes developing and coaching employees, removing impediments to performance, leading the software engineering craft and evangelizing for Agile processes, sharing best practices, and executing insourcing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise a team of in-house and third-party software developers (primarily .NET/JS), QA engineers, architects, and UX designers, mentoring team members to achieve short and long-term performance and career goals.
- Build an effective team supplemented by third-party relationships that scales with the business, is flexible, and produces high-quality code that results in a reputation for technical acumen.
- Partner with business unit and product managers to develop software solutions that address business, market, and customer needs and leave the Bank well-positioned for change over time.
- Establish, lead and promote Agile practices and ceremonies, adopting best practices related to secure code development, QA, UX and DevOps.
- Provide leadership to the Agile teams on documenting software deliverables and increasing visibility into the software development activities at the Bank by maintaining the backlog, burndown charts, velocity analysis, etc.
- Manage team budgets and resource allocation to ensure consistent performance.
- Research new technologies and software development practices to understand how these can be best leveraged to benefit the Bank.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and operate under strict deadlines.
- Experience with financial services companies and banking regulations.
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD practices, strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a blend of business, project management, and technical savvy with big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- 6+ years’ experience developing software using OOP languages, .NET preferred, including back-end development with SQL databases.
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Software Engineering Manager/Senior Manager in an Agile environment.
- S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing API-based solutions that support secure data exchange using SOAP and RESTful web services.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Hybrid home/cubicle work options will be available with some in office work required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.