The Application manager is responsible for end-to-end management of critical software applications including the design and testing of custom developed features as well as supporting, configuring, and administering deployed systems and, when applicable, managing the associated third-party relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the procurement/development and implementation of software applications used within the Bank’s lines of business.
- Support, configure and administer assigned software applications, which may include the management of third-party relationships, to maximize application effectiveness and use.
- Respond to requests from the business, making changes within assigned software applications as authorized while adhering to applicable Bank policies and procedures. Communicate comprehensively, keeping all stakeholders informed at all times.
- Partner with product managers and others embedded in the business to deliver on the approved and associated product roadmaps.
- Capture software application feature requirements as user stories assisting product managers with backlog grooming and prioritization, and plan, execute and document testing of configuration changes and features/enhancements while participating in the Bank’s software development process and third-party change management processes.
- Work across departments to ensure successful product updates and feature releases, including communicating effectively with release notes and other user documentation.
- Participate in conferences and events sponsored by software application vendors, ensuring current knowledge of the application’s potential and its common uses in the marketplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Motivated by technical challenges, driven, and hard working with an ingrained desire to be a subject matter expert.
- Must be able to handle multiple duties simultaneously and function well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment. Will interact with employees and management of the Bank, along with vendors and other outside professionals.
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and possessing strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proven writing and editing skills, particularly technical writing skills, are important.
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus.
- Minimum 3 years system/application administration experience, preferably in a bank environment.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Previous exposure to project management, software development and APIs preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Hybrid cubicle station/home office with minimal exposure to distractions or environmental hazards.
- Overtime and some travel may be required.
- Remaining in a stationary period, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.