Work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that position may not be performed remotely from California, New York or Massachusetts.
This is an entry level position responsible for providing excellent customer service on the phone and through email, processing the reviewing loan files, and learning about underwriting and funding of loans. Performs other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide market-leading level of customer service in a call center environment.
- Succeed in a fast-paced environment, seeking to exceed the expectations of our contractor customers while escorting them through the loan process.
- Quickly and accurately enter loan application data.
- Communicate directly with Underwriters to obtain loan decisions on submitted credit applications.
- Deliver loan decisions, answer questions about consumer lending, and Medallion Bank’s loan programs.
- Learn in house programs to generate loan documents delivered upon request.
- Review agreements, purchase orders, stipulations, and other loan documents for accuracy and to identify exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all documentation standards and underwriting conditions have been met and noted.
- Organize physical loan files and update/maintain loan record status in system programs on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare physical and electronic loan records for funding.
- Act as a Level 1 Underwriter as time and training permit.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle various functions simultaneously and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills.
- Previous call center experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and able to quickly shift between competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully work in team environment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and communicate decisions effectively.
- Willing to work on various projects as needed.
- Entry level position.
- Consistency in customer contact roles. Must have a positive attitude, lots of energy, and a strong work ethic and must enjoy working with people.
- Prefer some consumer loan processing and documentation experience but willing to train the right person.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Cubicle or home office with minimal exposure to distractions or environmental hazards.
- Remaining in a stationary period, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.