The Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining our cloud-based system. This role will be deploying and debugging cloud stacks and ensuring the reliability and security of the cloud infrastructure while adhering to compliance standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Microsoft Azure cloud management and administration including environment provisioning, configuration, performance monitoring, policy governance and security that is scalable.
- Develop and implement policy driven data protection best practices to ensure cloud solutions are protected from data loss.
- Design, develop and implement highly available multi-location solutions within Microsoft Azure.
- Act as key resource for hands on delivery of enterprise Azure solutions.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of constantly changing cloud ecosystems.
- Analyze existing operational standards, processes, and/or governance, present recommendations to modernize or improve, then execute said environment.
- Manage security and access controls of cloud-based solutions.
- Migrate existing infrastructure services to cloud-based solutions.
- Support cloud adoptions of applications as they are being transformed and/or modernized.
- Ensuring all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Competence in a wide range of IT skills including networking, systems administrations, data protection, and information security.
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Will interact with department management, department staff, plus other outside professionals.
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple duties simultaneously and function in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have experience and demonstrated expertise in Azure Cloud services including PIM, Conditional Access, group policy, Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Management) and Intune policy management, storage accounts, Azure virtual desktop, VLAN’s, Log analytics, Autopilot, change management, audits, blueprints and ARM templates, SAML, enterprise apps/SSO, MDM/MAM, Azure VPN, and Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, related field, or combination of experience and education required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT field.
- Minimum 2 years related Microsoft Azure experience.
- Prior experience in banking or financial industry preferred.
- Microsoft Azure certification(s) a plus.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Hybrid work options will be available with some in office work required.
- Remaining in a stationary period, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Some equipment lifting may be required.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.