The Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining our cloud-based system. This role will be deploying and debugging cloud stacks and ensuring the reliability and security of the cloud infrastructure while adhering to compliance standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as key resource for hands on delivery of enterprise Azure solutions.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of constantly changing cloud ecosystems.
- Microsoft Azure cloud management and administration including environment provisioning, configuration, performance monitoring, policy governance and security that is scalable.
- Design, develop and implement highly available multi-location solutions within Microsoft Azure.
- Analyze existing operational standards, processes, and/or governance, present recommendations to modernize or improve, then execute said environment.
- Migrate existing infrastructure services to cloud-based solutions.
- Manage security and access controls of cloud-based solutions.
- Develop and implement policy driven data protection best practices to ensure cloud solutions are protected from data loss.
- Support cloud adoptions of applications as they are being transformed and/or modernized.
- Ensuring all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competence in a wide range of IT skills including networking, systems administrations, data protection, and information security.
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Will interact with department management, department staff, plus other outside professionals.
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple duties simultaneously and function in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or related field, or combination of experience and education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT field.
- Minimum 2 years Microsoft Azure experience involving design, deploy, configuration, and optimization.
- Microsoft Azure certifications a plus.
- Prior experience in banking or financial industry preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Remote or hybrid work options will be available..
- Remaining in a stationary period, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Required to pass a background check and maintain a clear background.